Friday, January 22, 2010

They Found the Water Buffalo - Sa Pa


The next day I spent the morning working on my logistics for the next city. When I came down for breakfast, I was informed that Dave the owner of the photo gallery was looking for me. Usually a good sign. Still in my sleepwear (not PJ’s), I ran down the hill – never let an opportunity slip through your fingers was what I was thinking to myself. Sure enough Dave told me that his employee, Cu, a Black H’mong woman and her village had located her long lost Water Buffalo.  Cause for a party. Did I want to come? You know the answer. A quick shower and breakfast and off we went on a motorcycle.


The found Water Buffalo

When I asked Cu how she knew this was her water buffalo, she said that she could just tell. Maybe its special long eye lashes??? What do I know about water buffalo anyhow :)

By 11 am the rice wine was out and all the guests were getting shit faced. Home made rice wine, pig, morning glory and rice. I limited the rice wine intake, shot some images and miraculously escaped getting sick from this experience. All and all a fun day.

More to come soon,
Carpe Diem,
Lorrie 
www.LorrieDallekPhotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment